Blogger is with new blogger page element tool, by this tool you can easily include slideshows on your blogger blog without need of anything extra.
How to Insert Slideshow in Blogger / How to use SlideShow page Elememt- A quick guide / help
So, looking into slide show page element feature, I find that one has to understand it first. There is also a small learning curve before using the Slideshow feature of Blogger.
Lets go Step-By-Step and I will explain as it comes…
1. First of all you need to goto your blogger Dashboard and then click Layout.
2. Look for very first option ie. “Add a Page Element”>
3. Now you will be presented with the list of various stuff, Look for SlideShow and below it click on “Add to Blog”..
4. Now you will be presented with a small yet little complicated stuff ie. settings for including “SlideShow” in your blogger blog.
This thing comes with various options and stuff to play with. First one is “Title”, thats easy, just give name for your slideshow whatever you want.
Now comes Source, it has 4 items in dropdown menu:
- Picasa Web Albums
If you choose Picasa Web Albums then you can display pictures from your picasa albums or on the basis of keywords. This can you specify on the basis of criteria you use ie. if select “Album” for Picasa then you have to give “picasa username” and after that select album from that user to display picture from.
If you choose Flikr then you can either have pictures displayed on the basis of keyword you choose or from the album of a particular Flikr user.
If you Choose Photobucket then you can show picture on the basis of keywords only.
Next is “Other” , this lets you specify your custom source of images or pictures via “Media RSS”, it means any place on internet which is also publishing pictures in form of Media RSS can be used as source of your SlideShow images.
5. Select either you want that clicking on images lead to new window or open in same window then save and you are done.
Here I have included the slideshow on the basis of keyword “Tajmahal”.
This one is really a nice feature and will let you look your blog more lively, above all it will give you a new way to enjoy playing with your blog and that too easily.